This guide to professional Web design was carefully selected, prepared and edited to bring you the most useful Web design advice from Smashing Magazine’s articles. Know where you stand, put your situation in perspective, and get the advice you’ve been looking for.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
– 10 Harsh Truths About Corporate Websites
– Portfolio Design Study: Design Patterns And Current Practices
– Creating A Successful Online Portfolio
– Better User Experience With Storytelling
– Designing User Interfaces For Business Web Applications
– Progressive Enhancement And Standards Do Not Limit Web Design
– Color Theory For Designers, Part 1: The Meaning Of Color
– Is John The Client Dense Or Are You Failing Him?
– How To Identify And Deal With Different Types Of Clients
– How To Respond Effectively To Design Criticism
– Web Designer’s Guide To Professional Networking
– Group Interview: Expert Advice For Students and Young Web Designers