Sorting is actually a process of arranging data or procedure of placing the data in some order or we can say that the sorting is a way of organizing something like data in some specific manner.
The data can be sorted in two ways:
Ascending Sort and Descending Sort. Ascending sort is a sorting technique in which the smallest data is placed at the position and the largest data is placed at last position. Descending sort is a sorting technique in which the largest data is placed at first position and the smallest data is placed at last positing.
Sort rows in ascending order (A to Z, or 0 to 9) or descending order (Z to A, or 9 to 0)
- Click a cell in the column you would like to sort by.
- Click Sort Ascending or Sort Descending .
Sort rows by two or three criteria (columns)
For best results, the range you sort should have column labels, or headers.
- Click a cell in the range you want to sort.
- On the Data menu, click Sort.
- In the Sort by and Then by boxes, click the columns you want to sort, starting with the most important.
- Select any other sort options you want, and then click OK.